When people decide to leave the comfort of home and move to other places there is usually a reason behind it. Whether the reason for traveling was a whimsical last minute or they had a current goal, it makes you think of all the reasons why people travel. Think about the last time you left your place and ventured into another. Did you have a goal behind it? Let’s take a look and see if your reason for traveling compares to one of those listed below. These are not listed in any particular order.
1. Romance- There are thousands of people who are involved in long distance relationships. At some point, though, they need to see it. For love, people travel for hours to spend as much time as they can with the love of their life.
2. Relaxation- All the work and play is not a good thing. People need to get away from the stresses of everyday life, and a beautiful sunny ride with a spy may be just what the doctor ordered.
3. Family / Friends -Well many people have family / friends located in different parts of the world. They will visit with them even if it is for a short time.
4. Religion- There are places in the world that have religious significance for many people. Religious journeys are often linked to a purpose such as seeing where the last pope was buried, or traveling to the city where Jesus was born.
5. Death – A relative, friend or acquaintance is dead and travel is required to attend the funeral located outside the city.
6. Honeymoon- You get married and you are in a special place to celebrate. This usually happens soon after marriage, but there are many occasions where people celebrate a honeymoon years later.
7. Education — Have your education elsewhere than where you live or are leaving for an educational school trip.
8. Celebration – Wedding, Birthday, Birthday, Birth- There is always something to celebrate and it doesn’t always happen where you live.
9. Doctor / Health- Sometimes the treatment you need is not available in the city / town where you live. Often the best medical care is expensive and requires travel to receive it.
10. Work – Work requirements could mean a fair share of travel. Even if the trip is in your own country it still has an associated purpose.
Overall, traveling can be a wonderful experience or it can be draining, expensive and just torturous. Well, if you need to go for the hug for what it is, and try to do your best even if it is not planned.